- If done properly, you should have a price of the lowest and highest you are willing to spend on a home. , Check out our Mortgage Affordability Calculator. to see if you can afford to purchase a home.
- Ask yourself what type of home are you looking for; house, townhouse or condo. If more than one, list the pros and cons of each choice.
- List what areas you wish to live and how are you are willing to travel to and from work.
- List what Features you are looking for such as number of bedrooms, baths, fireplace, backyard etc. Next list what amenities (amenities are tangible or intangible benefits of a property) Tangible: Schools, Churches, Nightlife, Community Centre, Parks, swimming pools, golf courses, health club facilities, party rooms, theater or media rooms, bike paths, lifts, community centers, services; and Intangible: Views, Low crime rate, family oriented, singles life.
- Map Out Area that match your list and start to explore the various neighbourhoods. Start looking for ‘For Sale’ Signs, if there are too many signs, it may be a red flag or a coincidence with a great opportunities for choice, so note it to speak to your Realtor (Ah a little bit ahead of ourselves, that’s coming soon, keep reading) Talk to neighbours, see if you can picture yourself living there, visit the parks, go to that area that next time you are shopping.
- Choose a few homes for sale and look them up on MLS and find out the price on the internet when you get home, or better yet, Realtor.ca has a new Mobile App, or visit their mobile site to make your search better.
- Use Social Media and put the word out you are looking for a home and see if there are any deals or good homes they many have information for and while you’re at it, see if they know of a great realtor.
Buying a Home? Advice for the First Time Homebuyer
Buying a Home? Advice for the First Time Homebuyer You may already have that dream home on your radar, or you may just be starting the search. If you’re overwhelmed at the process, we have a guide to assist you in purchasing your first home. Before Officially Starting Your Search