- National home sales declined by 3.2% from September to October.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 8.3% above levels in October 2012.
- The number of newly listed homes declined by 0.8% from September to October.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The national average sale price rose 8.5% on a year-over-year basis in October.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 3.5% year-over-year in October.
Canadian Home Sales down in October
According to Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) Ottawa, ON, November 15, 2013, housing sales declined 3.2% in October. Housing Sales were down in Canada from September bringing sales more in line with June and July sales. Highlights from the report: